Jack Saturday

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Anti-Wage-Slavery, Pro-Freedom Quotations Of The Week 417-419

I fared no better at any of the other, less painful tasks I was assigned. Bottom line: I was a bad busser. On day two, Irving, a toxic little crust of a man with white hair and a raspy Delancey Street voice, started giving me grief. He called me "good for nothing." But he was wrong; I knew I was good for plenty of things. It was just that none of them happened to involve wiping up pools of pastrami grease or scraping crud off a grill for less than minimum wage. I called in sick on day three, and never went back.
The Loafer's Manifesto
By
Bob Jacobson, Isthmus. Posted August 7, 2001


One year after the collapse of Lehman
Brothers, Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said that
the recession is "very likely over." He added that many
people will continue to "find that their job security and their employment status is not what they wish it was."
HARPER'S WEEKLY
September 22, 2009
A
AA
AA
…freedom was once the province of white men; now the lack of that freedom and the subsequent loss of the potential for happiness belongs to all of us. Our happiness is kept from us by prisonlike schools and meaningless jobs, un(der)employment and untreated physical and psychological ailments, by political leaders who scare the votes out of us and corporate "persons" that buy up all the resources that have been created and defined by our labor.
The Nation
September 16, 2009

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home